Wednesday 28 May 2014

I Challenge YOU!

Ok, so I know that I talked a bit about this in my last post, but since I wrote that post I have really noticed how judgmental our society is. I thought i would have a chat with you guys about it.
I think it is a big issue in our society because everyone does it. Whether it is on purpose or not we all do it
Iv'e even noticed it in my own family and I'd kind of have to pull them up and say, "Hang on, that person is extremely happy and content doing what they are doing, does it affect you? No, just leave them be."
It's kind of sad that we make people feel bad about themselves, because it doesn't fit into what we think is "cool" or "socially acceptable". We talk about people behind their backs because they don't fit into the mould that society and media has shaped for us. No, we haven't shaped it ourselves, it has been done by the thing that makes all the decisions. The ones that decide its not ok for "celebrities" to not wear makeup. Its the person that says a size 14 means your fat and that if you wear short shorts your a slut. You can't sit back and say thats alright, that everyone that isn't like you is weird. That that girl walking through the mall with tattoo's and a lip piercing is a weirdo, or that chubby girl shouldn't wear a miniskirt.
Stop letting other people decide what you can and can't do or wear. You are your own person. Do what you want because you love it, not because someone else told you to or what not to do. Every single person on this planet is different, not two people are the same. Obviously, what they do or wear makes them happy, why would you want to take that away from someone just because someone said it not ok, or you don't think its cool.
Could you imagine what the world would be like if people didn't judge each other. There would be no bullying, no one would be self-conscious or shy. So, I ask you....could you do it? Accept someone for who they are and what they love. I challenge you to do what you want because YOU want too, don't think once about what other people want or think. Would you be able to stop judging each other and break away from the vicious cycle that the media and our society has us running in?

.....I think you can......

No comments: