Monday 19 May 2014

Divergent Review

Whats up guys,
I thought I would do a review on the Divergent series. Ok... so I may be a little obsessed with the divergent series. So I saw the movie first and absolutely loved it. I saw it two time in the cinemas and fell in love with the storyline and the characters. Its one of those movies that gives you butterflies and makes you sit on the edge of your seat. If you haven't seen this movie yet stop reading this and watch it now!



Ok, Divergent is a film set in a world where people are divided into factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Who is played by Shailene Woodley) finds out she is divergent when she takes the aptitude test. She faces all kind of trials as well as trying to find out who she is and where she belongs. She discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader to destroy all Divergents. Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Who is played by the dreamy Theo James) to help her figure out a way to save themselves and all Divergents.
My love of this movie moved me to read all three books in one week. Keeping in mind I had the flu at the time so I had heaps of time on my hands. I through the book was going to be way different to the movie, however it only had what i can tell about 5 minor differences. Of course they had to cut a bit because otherwise the movie would be way to long. But I also noticed little details and scenes that they couldn't include from the book, they put in the background of the movie.
The books were so good I can't even. I love them so much. They are a perfect balance of action, mystery and romance. It has a really beautiful ending and overall they are really beautiful written. It is a really emotional ending, so if you are going to read the books have tissues handy.
I can't explain my feeling towards Veronica Roth and her amazing writing skills. But all I can say is thank you for the journey you took me with this series. If you haven't read the book or watched to movie, DO IT! You will not regret.
P.S The next movie, "Insurgent" it coming out next year!! So Keen!


No comments: