Sunday 24 August 2014

True Friends

Lately I’ve come to realise how hard it is to find true friends. The amount of true friends that have turned out to be not so true makes it hard for me to believe that you can even really find true friends. Im a really forgiving person and tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes it gets to a point where I need to stop kidding myself and realise maybe they aren’t the type of people I should be wasting my time on and let them go. Ive been walked over, lied to and hurt so many times. 
I want to surround myself with positive people that have the same goals as me and are supportive. But lately I’ve realised that I’m surrounded by the exact opposite. People that lie and are fake, you don’t really know where you stand with them. They tell you one thing and say something different to the next person. Now, I’m not talking about the pathetic little “she was flirting with my crush” or “She called me a bitch behind my back” kind of situations. Im talking about the friend you have known for years that has been throughout thick and thin with you kind of situations. You can think you know someone so well and they turn out to be a whole other person.
So, lately I have cleaned my life of the fake people and started to find some REAL friends. I will never be able to know what the definition of a real friend is, however I can try to be one myself.
My theory is if you show those true friend qualities in day to day life you will eventual see it in other people and you will attract those type of people too. Don’t try to be anyone else to try and get people to like you, because that is not going to work. You want to surround yourself of people that like you for you, not what you are trying so desperately to be. We need to have the qualities ourself before we expect people to give it back. Friendship should be built on strong foundations of honesty, kindness, humility, kindness, love and respect. If a friendship lacks any of those things it is not going to last long.

So, take a look at your friends and determine the ones that are true and not. Don't waste your time on people that don’t really care, surround yourself with people that love you for you.

No comments: